Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The Long, Long, LONG Way 'Round

So, in between all the sobbing and snuffling and cleaning out of the computer files and wading through wads of used Kleenex (actually, toilet paper, and man, that stuff can rub your nose down to the BONE), and the various other activities during THE DAY WHEN I WOKE UP IN HELL AND THEN GOT A LOT OF REALLY NICE EMAILS FROM PEOPLE I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO TOLD ME TO HANG IN THERE BUT WHO REALLY JUST MADE ME FEEL WORSE BECAUSE EVERYONE IS SO NICE AND I'M JUST A SNIVELING IDIOT, I fell asleep on the couch and had a dream that E.M. rode up to my house on his motorcycle and told me that he was taking me to Dunkin' Donuts. The most beautiful man in the world and an Extra Large Regular. I can't figure out if this is some sort of joke or a preview of Heaven.

E and I thank you all for your kind words.

(Edited because I have about 9 million google searches for this particular movie star and I felt bad for all the poor people looking for celebrity news who ended up here.)

8 comments:

m said...

haha. i love how our dreams can either torture us or take care of us. that was very nice of your subconscious to give you such a sweet dream. waking up probably sucked. but i'm guessing that ride to dunken donuts made it worth it.

Have the T-shirt said...

See, here's the thing.

You are not a sniveling idiot.

You are a very real, human person, in pain.

Few people go through life and escape loss of some sort, everyone I know has had to struglle through really difficult times.

You. Are. Doing. Fine.

And wow! Ewan, nice escape from reality, huh?

Farrell said...

I don't think you're a sniveling idiot. It's time for me to pay the world back for all of my whining and complaining and obsessing I did with my friends during (and after) my divorce, so BRING IT ON ME BABY. I can take it. Been there, done that!

Farrell said...

Sorry for double commenting, but I just found this. it may/may not help, but it's food for thought either way
http://www.blogher.com/breaking-when-do-you-stop-loving-someone

flutter said...

thank you for you.

2amsomewhere said...

If I had the mental energy, I'd take this vignette and use it as the basis of a parody of a certain trippy Beatles song, calling it "Ewan on a Cycle with Doughnuts." I'm not sure how good it would be, but Elton John would probably record a kick @$$ cover of it.

It's okay to mourn the loss. Be sure to give yourself permission to rejoice in a new beginning, whatever form that may take for you.

--
2amsomewhere

BOSSY said...

Things are going to be OK.

Aenigma said...

I came here by way of Karen's blog post.

I have been in hell, too. I'm not anymore. You won't be there forever either, I promise.

Kathryn