Monday, December 10, 2007

Wasted.

I wanted to do something, for the sake of myself.
I wanted to scream, for the sake of my tears.
I wanted to object, for the sake of my intellect.
I wanted to say something, for the sake of…

shoot. I don't know.

It's one of those days (and sadly, there have been a lot of them lately) where I don't like myself very much. I thought I was made of stronger stuff than this, but it appears that me and myself aren't going to be friends for very much longer.



I have lost friends, some by death, others by the sheer inability to cross the street -
Virginia Woolf

Amen, sister. I just can't cross that fucking street.

6 comments:

Have the T-shirt said...

One thing I can tell you is that I felt just like this years ago, and only in looking back there now do I see how strong I really was.

Please give yourself credit wherever you can find it?

Hugs

flutter said...

your heart and spirit, oh beautiful girl....

Anonymous said...

hang in there. at the time it never seems like you're strong enough, but at some point you'll see how strong you really were. And you and yourself will be merry friends again.

trust.

Farrell said...

It seems like you aren't strong enough, but really you are. You are because of your son. For yourself, that will come...in time.

Anonymous said...

reading this and knowing i'm not alone. reading this and loving your poetry feels good. this moment is good. i guess life is just a series of moments and we are so grateful for the good ones. in the blackness myself and not much light so i am grateful for this post.

2amsomewhere said...

I've been having a few of those days myself lately. You are not alone.

(leaves candle in the window)

--
2amsomewhere