Saturday, August 30, 2008

Blindsided

I have an iTunes playlist that I haven't been able to name. Most of my playlists are for a specific moments; working out, driving, yoga, watching slideshows with clients. This one, however, I only seem to click on when my feelings are unidentifiable. When I'm neither here nor there, but I'm not quite right. Every so often I'll hear a song that works really well for this sort of soporific state and I'll dump it in to the playlist. This is one of those songs.

If you're not yet a fan of Justin Vernon, you should be. His music, especially with his current iteration Bon Iver, is just the sort of thing for those days when you've taken an emotional inventory and decided that while there's nothing really wrong, there's not much fueling your soul at the moment and it might be good to wallow in the muck for a bit.

The workout playlist will be there when you're ready to come out.



(this is just one of several videos on YouTube. None of them are fantastic, but I liked this one for its artistic quality. And for the hotness.)

better quality:
Bon Iver - Blindsided
Found at bee mp3 search engine

Bon Iver - Skinny Love
Found at bee mp3 search engine

3 comments:

lu said...

I that playlist, he's on that play list with J Tillman, The Everybody Fields ...

Anonymous said...

I'll tell you what. You have the most amazing taste in music. I sometimes come here just to see what's cool. I've been following you for ages, my guess is that you'll come out of this mini-funk just as well as you came out of the giant one. Don't let the bastards fuck with you.

Jeff Weeks said...

The soporific state you describe is pretty much where I live most of the time. I like to think of it as "autumnal." Bon Iver, Alexi Murdoch, Jose Gonzalez, etc. accompany me most places - which means I don't have much to pick from when it comes to "workout mixes."
This is my latest musical obsession:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMpOhwUTUwc